Thursday, March 6, 2008

All about the potty


Skylar has decided to potty train herself. I say that, because I had no interest in starting this before the summertime, when the weather is more conducive to running around with no pants on. But, our girl has definite opinions of her own, and after that first applause following the tinkle in the potty she hasn't looked back. She has been wearing pull-ups, mostly because she was becoming a nightmare to get a diaper on. And due to the wetness detector on them, I can tell that she is staying dry most of the day. The downside is: she has a bladder the size of a pea, and is in there every 1/2 hour or so doing a few Tbsps at best. Then the struggle to get the pull-up back on (she wants to do EVERYTHING herself), then the struggle to get the pants back on. ugh. Then next thing I know, "More, More". Strip down again, she sits, poof, that's it. Start all over.

How do I explain to a 21 month old that you can just pass gas in your pull-up?? I suppose I should leave that to her dad.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sigh, the potty. My little one has no interest in it at all, at almost 3 years old. Just tonight we left him naked for quite a while, and sat him on the potty for quite a while ... and finally it happened, he let about half a teaspoon go into the receptacle. He was quite excited. Happily Sam joined in and got excited too. Now Robbie's wired with joy ... and he'll probably not put another drop in until he's three and a half.

But great timing with your picture! I showed it to Robbie - he was momentarily interested. I think Sam was more amazed. He said, "She's sitting on the potty even though she's still a baby? She must just be pretending." I told him she was actually using it and he was thunderstruck.

Lynn Caldeiro Styling said...

LOL!!